Pages

Thursday 1 November 2012

Meet the Team week five - Trace Metcalfe

Unbelievably it's been another week since our last Meet the Team post! So it's time once again to get to know one of our Design Team members a little better. This week it's the turn of Trace Metcalfe...


1. Introduce yourself briefly...
My name is Trace, a 39 year old Mum of three children (James, 9, Oliver, 7, and Lucy, 2) and wife to Steve. I love all things Distress and have found much inspiration in distressed, vintage and steampunk styles. I've been blogging now for just over a year and am loving the crafty friends I am making and inspirational friends I'm finding along the way.

Design Team member Trace Metcalfe
2. How did you get into crafting?
I have always been an arty girl but discovered ink when I left primary school teaching to bring up my children. From small beginnings I continue to enjoy my inky adventures!

3. How would you describe your style?
A mix of Distress and steampunk, with a dash of vintage and colour thrown in. My style seems to evolve and I'm loving the journey!

4. Where do you draw inspiration from? 
Tim Holtz!

5. What's your favourite technique right now?
Riveted patchwork.

6. What's your favourite colour?
Blue, but my favourite colour combination is blue and brown! (Vintage Photo and Broken China)

7. What do you like to snack on whilst crafting?
I snack on Soft Mints, whilst drinking coffee with two sugars.

A fabulous steampunk card by Trace: made using Sam Poole's Steampunk Christmas stamp set

8. What do you do when you're not crafting?
Browse crafty blogs, shop for more crafting stash, post on my blog...and look after my three children and husband of course!

9. Tell us a random fact about yourself...
I got married over an anvil in a chapel in Scotland.

10. What craft tool couldn't you live without?
My ink blending tools, hotly followed by my Tiny Attacher!

11. If your house was on fire, what's the first thing you would save from your craft room?
My Distress Inks, but if my arms were big enough I would take my blending tools too.


More fabulous makes from Trace, including her Creative Expressions Design Team projects, can be found on her blog here
We'll be 'meeting' another member of the Creative Expressions DT right here next week, so be sure to check back!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy - love your interview and oh what fun you have when not crafting - more crafty antics; shopping for crafty stash is one of my favourite ways to relax.
    Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman after my own heart, shopping for crafty stash as a way to relax what could be better lol . Loved reading more about you Trace. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was lovely to read more about you Trace. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Trace, Great to read more about you! LOL! :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading about you and your crafty things - great product too - look forward to seeing more of your work
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article! Lovely to read about you and everything craft related!

    ReplyDelete