Pages

Monday 28 October 2013

CEDT - Meet Kim Robertson

Creative Expressions Design Team - Meet the Team

NameKim Robertson

Here is a photo of one of the projects Kim submitted to us as part of her CEDT application:-



About Kim:-

Introduce yourself briefly...  Hello, My name is Kim Robertson, I am mum to two grown up children and I have fostered a couple more. I live in Hertfordshire and my ultimate dream is to work in the craft industry full time.

How did you get into crafting? I have always crafted I can't remember a time when I didn't have a pen in my hand or covered in pieces of paper, Or wool and knitting/crochet needles. My brother is a Wildlife Artist and was always drawing. I picked up huge amounts of knowledge from him and this is where my love for Art and craft began.

How would you describe your style? My style is very Arty, I know that sounds odd but I always work hard for each team I am on and try to bring my style to their products but I am most at home when I am covered in Ink ,paint,waxes etc I love seeing several uses for each element I use.

Where do you draw inspiration from? As I said my early inspiration came from my brother and even now he helps if I need it but for card making and current trends I look at Sue Wilson as her work has always been stunning to me and that is what you want, the wow factor, there is no better feeling.

What’s your favourite technique right now? Oh that's easy , I love my melt pot and gilding flakes and  any form of ageing techniques.

What’s your favourite colour? Hmm I'm loving all the shades of turquoise through to green but ask me next week and it will be different, I love colour.

What do you like to snack on whilst crafting? I don't, I am too paranoid to get it on my work. However tea is always warmly welcomed.

What do you do when you’re not crafting? Well I have a 9-5 in the NHS and my way of relaxing is crafting. I can happily do that until the small hours of the night as I really enjoy those quiet hours.

 Tell us a random fact about yourself... A random fact , hmm I have lost over 17 stone in weight as I used to be an extremely voluptuous lady haha.

What craft tool couldn't you live without? I want to say die cutting machine but I think it is actually my pencils as I love to draw and if I didn't have my pencils I couldn't. But what about my trimmer.. oh dear.

 If your house was on fire, what’s the first thing you would save from your craft room? One of the units full of crafty stash lol... you didn't say how big! Seriously though I'd grab my daughter and leave.



If you want to see more of Kim's fabulous projects, then visit her blog and FOLLOW HER at http://inkykimcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Welcome to the team Kim- we are delighted to have you on board and look forward to seeing all of your fabulous creation over the next year!!


4 comments:

  1. Welcome Kim, great to have you join the team with your talent . Cannot wait to see more of your drawing. Have a fabulous creative time on the team. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you are a very inspirational lady in more ways than one! I am going to check out your blog next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kim, how wonderful it must be to be on the CEDT. Well done, I shall look forward to seeing your wonderful creations in the future.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to creating alongside you xx welcome x

    ReplyDelete