Pages

Monday 15 December 2014

Introducing Sharon Armstrong Purvis & Make by Rushanne Young

Hello Everyone,

We hope you had a great weekend!

We have some exciting news to share with you today! We have a just added a new member to the Creative Expressions Design Team; Sharon Armstrong Purvis! So, we will introduce you to our newbie, and will also share a new make from Rushanne Young!

Introducing Sharon Armstrong Purvis

We are delighted to welcome Sharon to the DT as a valuable member to what we consider a group of incredibly talented crafters! It's always good to find out more about our new members, so we asked Sharon to answer a few fun questions for us so we could get to know her better, so read on to find out more...

Introduce yourself briefly...
I'm a trained graphic designer who’s been working professionally in the Craft industry for over 10 years designing lots of craft products including rubber stamps, craft papers, CD-Roms etc. I've also been lucky enough to work on various card making magazines, designing cards, templates and illustrations.

How did you get into crafting?
I have always loved to create and started off many years ago rubber stamping.

How would you describe your style?
I love to try my hand at anything and everything but have a passion for illustrating and colouring little characters.

Where do you draw inspiration from?
Inspiration can come from anywhere, I like to think I have my own style of card making and hope that my style inspires others to get crafting!

What’s your favourite crafting tool at the moment?
I have a passion for colouring and have been lucky enough to have had a little play with some of CE Drawing Inks these could be a new favourite of mine!

If you were a toothbrush, what colour would you be?
I think I would opt for a nice white toothbrush with pale blue coloured bristles, is there such a toothbrush? Ha!

Tell us a random fact about yourself...
I used to design and make hand painted jewellery beads for bead companies.
If your house was on fire, what's the first thing you would save from your craft room?
My computer, I would be lost without it! Everything else could be replaced.

What is the first thing you grab from your kitchen to take crafting with you to eat/drink?
I tend not to eat anything when I'm creating anything only because I would end off with greasy marks or smudges of chocolate biscuit all over the front. I tend to wash my hands before I begin and take a cup of coffee with me.


Tea & Biscuits Anyone? by Sharon Armstrong Purvis

Now that we have introduced the talented Sharon, we can now reveal her first make for the Creative Expressions Design Team! This is a lovely first make using the "Tea & Biscuits" Stamp Set - absolutely lovely!

Head over to Sharon's blog to find out more about this make and her other projects!








Cup Cake Box by Rushanne Young

We mustn't forget Rushanne in all the excitement, and how could we when she has made such a lovely project for us this week?


Rushanne has used the "Life is Short" Stamp by Creative Expressions for the main sentiment stamped onto this lovely cup cake box! Rushanne has also used the "Sketched Stencils" Stamp for the Stamp on the side of the box.

This really is a gorgeous make and would be perfect if you fancy a bit of baking and need a nice way to present them! If this sounds like you, then head to Rushanne's blog to find out how to make one.

Wow - what a good day! We have plenty more tomorrow, so make sure you come back and see what's happening over here at Creative Expressions. xx



Phill Martin on Create and Craft


One more thing before we go.... Phill Martin will be back on screen today for a Creative Expressions Stamping Show live on Create and Craft!


Times:  11am & 5pm
Channels: Freeview 36, Sky 674, Freesat 813 & Virgin 748



That's all for today folks, have a great day and see you tomorrow... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment